Foreign nationals who immigrate to Greece from Lebanon need to follow a number of steps as well as enter the country according to the current visa requirements.
Working with a team of local specialists, such as our Greece immigration agents, can be helpful when deciding to relocate to Greece from Lebanon.
Before you apply, read the questions answered below to find out more about the application process, the requirements and the types of visas.
Table of Contents
Do you need a visa to enter Greece?
Yes. Lebanon citizens need to make an application for a visa with visa application center at the Embassy in Beirut.
What types of visas are available when you move to Greece from Lebanon?
For the purpose of relocating to Greece, foreign nationals will be interested in applying for and obtaining a residence permit that will allow them to remain in the country for longer periods of time, not only for visiting purposes.
The following types of residence permits can be applied for:
- Work: for those who have taken up employment with a Greek company; the employment agreement needs to have been secured before applying;
- Study: for Lebanese students who have been accepted to a Greek university or recognized educational institution; the acceptance letter is presented;
- Family reunification: available to Lebanese citizens who already have a family member living in Greece and with to reunite with them;
- Investment: Greece has a special residence by investment permit for foreign nationals who are able to make a minimum real estate investment.
Our team specializing in assisting individuals who immigrate to Greece from Lebanon can also assist in particular cases, such as those involving the application for the long-stay D visa for family reunification in case of refugees.
In cases concerning refugees, the Hellenic Police has the authority to receive and examine applications.
The long-term visa type D is issued to third-country nationals who wish to enter Greece and remain in the country for more than 91 days and up to 365 days.
A special type of residence permit is the one issued for investors. Our team lists its main features below, for those who are able to relocate to Greece from Lebanon by means of making an investment:
- purchase a property in Greece with a value of at least 250,000 Euros; when the property is in joint ownership, the ownership value for each of the owners needs to comply with this amount;
- conclude an agreement for the lease of a hotel/other furnished tourist residence for at least 10 years;
- mas made the payment of the said amount and this payment has been confirmed;
- when the Minister for the Interior provides for this, the value of the real estate property can be adjusted;
- the holder of the investment residence permit is not granted the right to become employed in the country.
The entrance and residence of the investor in Greece, as well as his family is granted through an investment residence permit.
If moving to Greece is of interest for employment or investment purposes, our team can give you complete details about your current options. Likewise, we can also answer questions about your rights in the country as the holder of a student visa, and how you can renew your temporary visa so that, in time, you may meet the requirements for permanent residency.
How long does it take to obtain the visa?
The process to immigrate to Greece from Lebanon is a multi-step one and should be planned well in advance. The visa application should be made before you schedule your travel to Greece.
In most cases, a work permit for Greece will require an approximate processing time of 30 days. However, we do recommend planning more than this recommended period.
Visa fees are not refundable. We suggest reaching out to our immigration specialist before submitting the files in order to make sure that the application is the correct one.
What are the requirements once you arrive in Greece?
Once you decide to immigrate to Greece from Lebanon, you will have to handle a number of issues before and after you arrive.
Accommodation, health insurance, and mandatory registrations with the Greek authorities are all steps that need to be taken into account.
In addition to the steps that apply to all foreign nationals, you may also want to consider the following:
- having your driver’s license updated for Greece;
- finding a good high school, school or kindergarten for your child in the area where you will live;
- sign any additional services agreements with providers, as needed.
Our team can give you more details about these requirements when you decide to relocate to Greece from Lebanon.
We are a team of immigration specialists assisting foreign nationals from around the world, including the UK, Australia, Canada, and many more countries who wish to move to Greece.
Contact us if you want to know more about how to immigrate to Greece from Lebanon.
Our team can also give you information about how you can retire to Greece. Foreign nationals who can bring forward proof of sufficient income can consider applying for a visa that will allow them to live in Greece comfortably once they retire from employment. We provide personalized assistance to Lebanese citizens who are interested in this option. Please contact us for more information.