Greece is one of the European countries with the most attractive golden visa regimes for foreign nationals.
Currently, Russian investors are subject to a suspension of the application for the golden visa programme.
You can read below more about the conditions, and you can ask our team for updated information.
Our Greece immigration agents can help you if you wish to immigrate to Greece from Russia, as other immigration routes are possible.
Russian nationals who are interested in moving to Greece can reach out to our team for complete information about the entry conditions currently in place in their case. Remaining in the country based on a valid residence permit is a key step for those who wish to make their relocation a permanent one. Our team can answer details depending on your particular situation.
You can always reach out to our team for more information than that provided in this article, as well as if you have questions about your particular situation.
Table of Contents
The Greece golden visa
The golden visa program is intended for non-EU citizens who are able to make a substantial investment in Greece.
It can be a common manner to immigrate to Greece from Russia, however, certain restrictions apply at the moment in the case of Russian investors.
After making the investment, they can apply for the corresponding residence permit through a proxy, who can be one of our Greece immigration specialists, and they have no obligation to have previously visited the country.
For those who apply for the visa through a proxy, with the intention to immigrate to Greece from Russia, the power of attorney needs to be signed before a Greek Consular authority.
Our team lists the main conditions and features of the golden visa below:
- the applicant is required to make an investment of at least € 250,000 in real estate property in Greece;
- when the property is jointly owned, the applicant is required to have his joint ownership rate of € 250,000;
- the applicant has concluded an agreement for a 10-year lease of a hotel of furnished tourist residences, with a minimum value of € 250,000, paid in full at the time of the application.
- the residence permit has a validity period of 5 years;
We remind Russian investors that our team can provide them with updates on when they will be able to apply for a golden visa.
Our immigration team can give you specific details about other types of residence permits in Greece, such as the work permit or the family reunification permit (for those Russian nationals who have family members living in Greece and wish to move to Greece from Russia).
Russian nationals who choose to work with our team when interested to immigrate to Greece from Russia benefit from personalized assistance and answers.
Reasons to relocate to Greece
With its Mediterranean climate, cuisine and renowned islands, Greece is not only a popular tourist destination in Europe, but also the location of choice for many investors who wish to purchase a property.
Some of the main reasons why Russian citizens choose to relocate to Greece from Russia include:
- The climate: the country has one of the most pleasant weather conditions in the region; although the summers can be hot, it enjoys sunshine for the better part of the year;
- The living costs: expats enjoy a relatively low cost of living, especially if they choose to live in a location that is not one of the top tourist destinations;
- Culture: according to UNESCO, the country has 18 locations included in the World Heritage List;
- Island life: Greece has 6,000 islands throughout the Greek Seas and only 227 of these are inhabited.
Some of the top locations to live in Greece, as chosen by expats include Athens, Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos or Thessaloniki. Corfu also has a high number of expats.
If you want to know more about the current conditions for immigrate to Greece from Russia, our team can help you.
We also assist those who wish to apply for a nomad visa.
If you wish to know more about your options to retire to Greece, our team can analyse your case and give you personalized information based on your current situation. Greece is a preferred location for retirement purposes in Europe and the country’s climate is one of the main reasons why foreign nationals choose to relocate here. You can contact our team for more information.
Contact us for more information about our services and to schedule a personalized evaluation of your immigration options.